PADI OPEN WATER REFERRAL COURSE
The PADI open water referral course is the first step to becoming a qualified PADI Open water diver.
The course is split into 2 sections:
- Theory. Students study fom the PADI Open water diver manual. There are 5 study sections and knowledge reviews. Each section is accompanied by a DVD and students complete the theory element with a 50 question multiple choice final exam.
- Confined Water. During the confined water section, students complete a Waterskills assessment and 5 confined water dives. During the confined water dives, students practice skills in preparation for the Open water environment.
The PADI Open water referral course can be customed to suit each schools needs with regard to session times however the format of the course has 2 main options:
Option 1- Instructor led in classroom
Each theory section is conducted by the instructor in the classroom. Students are required to study the Open water manual and complete knowledge reviews in advance of the course. During the classroom sessions, students view the PADI DVD and material is reviewed and discussed in the classroom with the instructor.
This is a good option for younger students or where students have limited time to cover all the material independently
Age 11 yrs +
Duration 6 hours classroom/6 hours pool
Cost: contact SMG Scuba for details
Option 2 - Independant study
Students independently study the Open water manual, complete all knowledge reviews and view all 5 sections of the PADI Open Water DVD in advance of the course. This is a good option for the older students who have a good capacity for independent study. This option reduces the need for extended classroom time so much of the course is conducted in the pool.
Age 11 yrs+
Duration 2 to 3 hours in the classroom/ 5 hours pool
Cost: Contact SMG Scuba for details
Option 3: eLEARNING
- Duration: 3 sessions
- Age: 11 yrs+
- Timings: 2 hours
- Cost: contact SMG Scuba for more details
- Included: PADI Open water E Learning Online/Offline Cert Pack
Watch, listen, read, scroll, tap and interact while you learn to scuba dive with PADI Open Water Diver TouchTM. It’s fun, it’s easy, it’s portable and it’s your entry to the underwater world as a scuba diver. The Touch integrates the PADI Open Water Diver Manual with the PADI Open Water Diver Video into a powerful, tablet-based learning experience. When you dive in with the Touch, you’ll:
- Learn diving facts, principles and safety concepts in preparation for your confined and open water dives.
- Watch video clips that show you the world of scuba diving.
- Take simple quizzes to make sure you understand the material as you progress.
After you download the Touch, you don’t need to be online to use it so you can truly learn anytime, anywhere.
- For Use On: Tablets, mobile devices and computor desktop
- Compatibility: Apple iOS- and Android-based devices. Runs in a web browser on PC/Mac in IE or Chrome
- Internet: Necessary only for download to the PADI Library App, to submit Knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams and log training dives on ScubaEarth
- Course: Revised Open Water Diver course
- Components: Open Water Diver Touch (including knowledge reviews, quizzes and exams) PDF of PADI Open Water Diver Manual,eRDPml Touch, RDP Tables, eTraining Dive Log and certification card processing fee
NB. Prior to the Open Water referral course all participants must complete the PADI medical statement. This document is designed to identify any medical issues that may compromise the participants safety. If any YES answers appear on the medical form, students must have their GP sign page 2 of the document declaring fitness to dive.
Click here to view PADI Medical Form
Additional forms to be completed prior to start of the course:
To arrange for a consultaion, for more information or to book, please contact Simon at email@example.com or call 07915604770